We are a restaurant and grocery delivery service, that services the downtown Detroit area. Our Delivery Specialists work as a part of a team to deliver food (restaurant orders and groceries) to downtown residents, employees, and hotel visitors. Our specialists are critical members of the Flash Delivery team, as they interact with our customers on a daily basis and represent the company throughout the community.
Delivery Specialists should drive a motor vehicle.
We are looking for delivery specialists that are:
- Based in the greater downtown Detroit area (or within 10 minutes of downtown)
- Have excellent communication
- Understand customer service standards
- Have a good driving record
- Can think on their feet
- Like to have fun
- Are reliable
- Can work independently
- Have reliable transportation with insurance
Summary of Responsibilities
- Prompt loading and delivery of meals/grocery items
- Excellent customer service in a professional, helpful and respectful manner
- Proper placement and care of meals when distributed to clients, including ensuring
appropriate temperature levels for all food
- Promptly communicate any food or service issue to management
- Immediate notification to management of any ticket or impaired driving conviction
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner
- Follows the Flash Delivery Dress Code Policy with 100% compliance
- Adheres to all Flash Delivery policies
- Must have reliable transportation with insurance (for automobiles) and look presentable.
- Familiarity with area driving conditions.
- Clean driving record.
- Attention to detail, especially with regards to counting accurately and organizing deliveries/equipment.
- Able to physically perform requirements of job, including ability to safely lift up to 25 lbs.
- Works well with others and participates as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and maintain good relations with customers.
- Takes pride in maintaining a clean, orderly environment, including the delivery vehicles, and delivering a high quality product to clients.
- High level of energy and desire to be part of an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and hands-on environment.
- We send our orders via email, so if you need an Android or iPhone AND/OR computer with
internet is a must.
Delivery Specialists are compensated $3 per delivery plus tips. Depending on the shift, drivers can earn approx. $60/shift (shifts are 4-5 hours). Additionally, specialists are able to win gas cards, oil change certificates, cash and more, based on company-wide contests!
If you are a student, stay at home parent or retiree, or even on disability, this is a perfect opportunity.
If interested, respond to this posting at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following responses, as well as your resume, if you have one:
- Why do you think you would be good for this position?
- What hours are you available to work Monday-Sunday from 10 a.m. – 2 a.m.?
- Do you have prior delivery driving experience? If so, doing what work?